Know what the business is worth
Sometimes a balance sheet just isn’t enough. If you’re buying or selling a business, doing succession or estate planning, or involved in litigation, having an accurate, trustworthy assessment of value is critical. REDW’s valuation specialists have deep expertise and experience in performing valuations of businesses big and small, from solo owned/operated firms to enterprises with annual revenues exceeding $500 million.
We know that business valuation can be stressful since it’s usually necessary at a time of transition for the business — and since so much is at stake. Our strength is in working closely with you and in partnership with your legal counsel to develop a thorough understanding of your business and industry to help ensure that our valuation is not only accurate, but can withstand close scrutiny from entities like federal and state courts, arbitrators, trustees, the Internal Revenue Service and other regulatory bodies. (We also offer specialized forensic and litigation support services.) Our attentive, customized approach also helps demystify the valuation process, giving our clients and their legal counsel confidence in the result.
Our valuations are based on an extensive analysis of your business’s history, background, products and services, operations, facilities, management, customers and competition. We also conduct a financial analysis of your company (typically encompassing five years), as well as an economic and industry analysis. We deliver professional reports that are objective, credible, understandable and defensible.
In addition to being certified public accountants, senior team members who practice in the business valuation area have obtained specialized valuation and related training and certifications, including:
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA), awarded by the American Society of Appraisers
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) bestowed by the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) specialty designation awarded by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) specialty designation awarded by the AICPA
- Certified Machinery and Equipment Appraiser (CMEA) designation awarded by the NEBB Institute.
REDW is also a member of the Financial Consulting Group (FCG), a leading national organization of business valuation and financial consulting firms.